On behalf of my client, I am looking for a professional Senior Project Manager based in Birmingham. This innovative construction company seeks an experienced Senior Project Manager based in Birmingham, who has proven working knowledge and success gained within the construction industry. Commercial experience is essential.
- Establish detailed Client’s brief and responsibilities of consultants and specialists
- Establish lines of communication and reporting procedures with the client and within the design team
- Arrange feasibility studies, including site surveys, site investigation, site evaluation etc
- Advise on/implement the selection and appointment of all necessary consultants and specialists
- Co-ordinate and obtain planning consents and all necessary statutory approvals
- Prepare and maintain the master programme for all pre and post contract activities and monitor progress
- Manage finances from inception to completion, including cash flow forecasts, monitoring project expenditure, and recommendations of payments by client, as well as internal budget and resourcing
- Interview and select contractors for tendering or negotiation, evaluate tenders received and appoint contractor
- Inspect and monitor the construction works with regard to quality and conformity to agreed specifications and drawings
- Chair progress, co-ordination and project meetings throughout the contract period
- Prepare regular reports to clients on all aspects of the project inspection, scheduling and acceptance of works required under the defects liability and maintenance provisions of the contract
- Day-to-day responsibility for projects
- Provide single point of contact taking responsibility for all aspects of the project and liaise with the client
- Consultancy construction project management experience
- The ability to lead a series of projects and Client relationships, with limited support
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and particularly MS Project is essential
- Experience in high density residential and/or hotels would be an advantage
- UK £40k - £65k + excellent benefits
- Benefits package including Pension, with salary negotiable for the right candidate dependent on experience and qualifications.
For more information on this role and others, please call 01793 686 222 and speak to Lewis Maule at Heatherdaniel international.
HeatherDaniel International is a construction recruitment agency. Our deep rooted knowledge of the industry means we have insight into which companies will enable you to achieve your career ambitions. We recruit for a number of developers, contractors & consultancies. If you are looking for a Senior Project Manager, based in Birmingham. Or another position as a Quantity Surveyor, Project Quantity Surveyor, Cost Engineer, Commercial Manager or Associate Director please contact our experienced consultants to discuss your career aspirations on 01793 686 222.