The Senior Contracts Manager is responsible for negotiating the terms and conditions of contracts and ensuring compliance with the terms and conditions, as well as documenting and agreeing on any changes or amendments that may arise during the implementation or execution. Provide guidance and assistance to Project Managers on all contract matters relating to the highways and bridges project.
- Review, develop, and enforce administrative procedures for effective and economic performance within terms and conditions of the contract and policies approved by the Project Manager.
- Administers the procurement process including, but not limited to, advance review of construction plans and specifications, assistance in preparation of solicitations, coordinating and scheduling pre-bid and post bid clarification meetings, amendment preparation and contract negotiations for Contract Manager Approval.
- Develops and implements procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy. As appropriate, contribute to or influence company policies.
- Administers on-going Contracts, including monitoring contractor and compliance with the Contract documents. Investigates problems and recommends corrective action.
- Prepares correspondence and maintains records necessary to ensure the effective administration of all Contractual matters.
- Administration, review and settlement of claims, resolution of disputes and contract change negotiations.
- Assists the Senior Project Manager/Project Manager in contract close-out procedures to ensure that all terms and conditions of contracts have been complied with prior to final payment to contractor.
- Makes amendments to contractual documents as required.
- Prepares for final approval pre-qualification and selection of contractors
- Prepares for final approval tender negotiations
- Ensures that all contractual procedures are implemented and maintained
- Advises on all contractual matters
- Minimum 20 years of related Construction Supervision / Management experience on Buildings projects with a broad general engineering background.
- Experience in mega projects will be advantageous
- Membership of recognized professional institutions
- Should be a chartered engineer or working towards
- International working experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or construction related discipline, Quantity Surveying, Law or business-related field.
- Professional Membership such as RICS, and training in contract, construction, and commercial law are preferred.
For more information please schedule a call with us by clicking this link